Aviation Business Law and Transactions
Our Firm assists aviation businesses with their commercial and corporate legal needs, including:
- mergers, acquisitions and the sale of aviation businesses;
- representing FBO’s in hangar and other airport real estate development activities; lease, sublease and permit negotiations; and 14 CFR Part 77 airspace restrictions affecting development on and around airports, all while mindful of FAA grant assurance obligations;
- buying, selling, financing and leasing aircraft, structuring ownership and operations for FAA/DOT regulatory compliance, avoiding/mitigating common commercial risks, and minimizing sales and use taxes;
- negotiating and drafting air charter management agreements, services agreements, and pilot and mechanic agency agreements;
- drafting, negotiating, and successfully litigating severance agreements, employment contracts and confidentiality/non-compete/non-solicitation agreements; and
- addressing aircraft lien rights and aircraft as well as aviation real estate tax appeals.